Why is integrating love so important into our leadership? The answer is simple: because fear is not working and love is a much more powerful source.
Here are some other reasons to lead with love:
That’s what love has to do with it. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!
- We have organizations full of over-worked, over-stressed employees who find little or no meaning in the work they do for eight to ten hours each day.
- We have become paralyzed and/or complacent in the workplace, stifled by fear running rampant in today’s organizations.
- Without meaning, we lack purpose and engagement. Love is the conduit to meaning.
- Fear can be motivating for a while, but it is not sustaining. Love nurtures, expands, and grows.
- Love honors, cares for, values, respects, and trusts others.
- Love creates an organizational culture that is conducive to knowledge creation. If we don’t create, we will perish.
- We reap what we sow, and if we plant seeds of fear, we will reap more fear. If we plant seed of love, we will harvest a love-filled culture.
- Successful organizations such as Southwest Airlines, SEMCO, Tom’s Shoes, and Zappos are built on love and are reaping the benefits because of it.